A good night’s sleep is all you need to remain healthy. Your doctor will normally advise you to ensure you adjust your routine to get enough sleep. For adults, you need at least 6 hours of sleep for your body to function properly.
Therefore, a good bed and mattress is the best investment you can have for your bedroom. You need a best quality mattress that will provide you with enough comfort and support when you sleep.
That is why you’ll need this simple guide the next time you buy a mattress online. Here are some things you should consider when you plan to buy a mattress.
1 – Type of mattress
You can choose a mattress by type when shopping. If you are getting started and don’t know where to look for a good quality mattress, you will go through several options in the market.
You will come across five main mattress types: innerspring, foam, latex, airbed, and hybrid. Innerspring is one of the most popular mattresses you will find.
With the growing online market, other mattress types have become famous. Therefore, you should know the basics of each bed and mattress sizes and their types before shopping.
– Foam: This type of mattress is made entirely with foam and no coils inside. It is the best for pressure relief and motion isolation. This is the best mattress for couples and side sleepers.
– Innerspring: This one comes with a coil-based support system and other additional layers. If you’re shopping on a budget, this is one of the best mattresses you can buy.
– Hybrid: this one comes with an innerspring support core and some elements of a foam mattress. The comfort layer includes a micro coil and latex.
– Airbed: This type comes with an air chamber as a support core. It has a pump that you control remotely with your smartphone. You can set each side of the mattress for a different firmness, making it suitable for couples.
2 – Firmness
You can also choose a mattress based on the level of firmness it offers. Firmness is another word for comfort when it comes to buying a mattress. If you need comfort, you should look for a mattress style that feels just right for you.
The firmness of a mattress is rated on a scale of 1 to 10.
– Extra soft (rated 1-2) is the best mattress for side sleepers
– Medium soft (rated 5) is suitable for sleepers weighing below 130 pounds
– Extra firm mattress (rated 8-9) is ideal for stomach and back sleepers.
3 – Weight
When choosing a mattress, you should consider your weight as a factor. Your weight will impact the sinkage, feel, support, and cooling of the mattress. A mattress may feel different depending on your weight.
If you weigh less than 130 pounds, you can go for a mattress with a medium-firm feel depending on your sleeping position. Go for a mattress with 5 firmness if you weigh between 130 and 200 pounds.
All stomach sleepers should go for mattresses with bed ratings 6-7. Lastly, if you weigh over 200 pounds, you can always buy a hybrid mattress with a medium-firm feel. This type of mattress is also ideal for those with multiple sleeping positions.
You should look into many things when choosing a mattress style for your bed; sleeping position, weight, type of material, and budget.
If you want the best mattress, you should visit a physical store or have all your specs ready when you shop online. This way, you improve your chances of getting the best deal for your bedroom.