When speaking of a hot water system, what is the first thing that comes into your mind? Is it a water heater appliance found in the kitchen? Or a water heating system used for heating huge amounts of water in the house, such as a pool or water in a bathroom? A hot water system can be used in the household to heat water on a swimming pool and water used within the household.
Hot water systems come in different brands and models. Customers must look for the right hot water system that they are looking for since the device has different features and specifications. Check out the various types of hot water systems online to determine which model suits your needs.
Types of hot water systems
The first type of hot water system was invented in 1868. To heat a cold water pipe, it uses a gas burner, which the heated water runs into a tub or sink. The main drawback of the traditional hot water system was the use of a gas burner, which can be risky to the people from exposure to carbon monoxide. Around 20 years later, the first automatic hot water system was invented. It continued manufacturing the hot water system for 120 years.
There are 3 main types of hot water systems, namely:
- Storage hot water systems. The water heating method for a storage hot water system is the same for both electricity and gas water heaters. The heated water in the tank stirs or moves the water. The thermostat keeps the hot water temperature being controlled within the preset range. If the water inside the tank cools to the set temperature, it switches on and energizes the element, then heats the water. These hot water systems have two different classifications:
- Gas storage hot water systems
- Electric storage hot water systems
- On-demand hot water systems. It is also popularly known as a tankless or instantaneous hot water system. The unit heats water only and can be incorporated into hot water systems using a solar heating or storage tank.
- Solar hot water systems. These are great types of hot water systems, which is the most cost-effective heating energy source. Solar hot water systems come in two different types:
- Active system. It uses a pump to circulate water through the solar collectors and storage tanks
- Passive system. It allows cold water to feed in the solar collectors and next into the storage stock, which you have seen on the roof.
Any of the types of hot water systems are good. But, each has the uniqueness that every customer is looking for. But, if you want to use the latest hot water system, you may go for the solar hot water system.